13806 Posts in 2039 Topics - by 1426 Members - Latest Member: ameliawarner8U88

Author Topic: Server back to life  (Read 6968 times)

Darth

• Ingame Moderator
    • View Profile
Server back to life
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
I think the remaining players who are still active should come together and create ways of bringing in new players. We should work together to bring this server back to life.

goldflames07

• Dey Cawl me Huey
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Server back to life
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 03:58:14 AM »
I've been trying dood
danny.wahh - Skype
Goldflames07@hotmail.com - Hotmail

IF you need me, get ahold of me here.

Darth

• Ingame Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
I've been trying dood
Good to see that there is someone trying to keep the server alive.
I will also do my best at bringing in players

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
Hate to say it darth but we are not gods, we dont control life and death. My point is, the server has died. I think the best bet is to bury it, have a funeral, and rebirth a new one. A new server will bring new ideas, new creations and most of all a new community. Rsps are so much more advanced now then they were over 2 years ago when gofrs started. There is plenty of room for new ideas and updates with the 2015 rsps content. The only problem is the lack of motivation from slim. He has died out and no longer has interest in this game and i personally dont blame him. He needs a break from coding and keeping the server online... Maybe its time we all took a break and let the server die? You are trying to milk a dead cow here guys. I love you all, great memories will last a life time, but gofrs will not.

#freeslim

Darth

• Ingame Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »
I see your point and I have to agree

bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 01:46:50 AM »
blade of awe is back and i agree i think we should come together start something fresh and let gofrs rest in peace. slim should have a break. new server would mean new good ideas. i love gofrs and everyone who plays but can only hold it up so long and its proven dead.

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:13:46 PM »
Maybe a few months from now, maybe a few years, who knows... Im sure fate will bring us back together one way or another. Just be patient and have faith guys. Hopefully these forums will stay up awhile longer haha.

hinoob22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
hello i finally refound this server hope its in good condition

Anal Rebuild

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nope.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 07:07:06 AM »
I agree Zach, there's no way GoF can stand up to the other private servers out there nowadays. Game over.

V1nch3nz0

• DudeBro
  • Co owner
  • A'Suh Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »
I like the idea of starting over with this community, but I don't think we should be the same server. We should do a total reboot under a new name with a new owner.
what

Anal Rebuild

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nope.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
I like the idea of starting over with this community, but I don't think we should be the same server. We should do a total reboot under a new name with a new owner.
I'm up for that. Sounds like a fun project.

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »
VVinch, you say we need a total reboot, new owner same, same community? Sorry to say it doesnt work like that. Slim is what made this community the way it is, without him its not the same. You could argue and say he didnt do shit for the community but isnt that what brought us together to make a strong community? I know what youre getting at vinch, you want to make a server... The only way to make a successful server is to have a skilled, dedicated coder. I dont think any of us would be able to code a brand new server and release worthy content. If you feel im wrong, prove it.

Ps- I do have a friend irl that has been coding for some years and currently is going to college for it. He used to play rs religiously and still checks on it time to time. I could probably convince him to code aan epic server if its worth his time.

Jordan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:59 PM »
^^ This I would like to see! :D
In-game administrator: J

Anal Rebuild

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nope.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 04:20:44 AM »
Slim is what made this community the way it is, without him its not the same. You could argue and say he didnt do shit for the community but isnt that what brought us together to make a strong community?
I think both you and Vinch are right, but obviously Slim might not be the best owner. He tries his best to keep the server up, but doesn't maintain it. A separate coder would be nice so we could get a lot more new stuff going at once.

I think the players are what made the GoF community-- Slim was never really interactive with us. He was in the beginning, maybe a little, but he stopped getting on and responding.

No1killme

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »
To be honest, I like this server too much and I would like to continue playing it (yes I'm new player). If the owner (as i think Slim) would give me the permission to code the server and start putting advertisements everywhere it will go high........ I can do a lot for the server but the problem I can't contact the owner. 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_ad_impressions() in /home/content/21/11136721/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2827