14962 Posts in 2053 Topics - by 1434 Members - Latest Member: kathbay143

Author Topic: Computer needs to "heat up" to boot? Help  (Read 376 times)

JesseVoss

• View Profile
Computer needs to "heat up" to boot? Help
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
Hello,

This sounds like a really weird problem to me, but I'm hoping someone knows what this is about exactly:
For about a month, my PC has been behaving weirdly, it started with random crashes (usually while playing a game, so the system was going at full thrust). I'd hear a "bzzzzt" sound and then everything would freeze, no response from anything, screen frozen.
These crashes become more frequent and then stop, depending on the day.
The other, MAJOR problem is: My comp doesn't seem to want to boot right away.
I press the power button, I hear all fans going on, and that's it. No bootup BEEP, black screen.
I reset it a couple times and until finally I hear it beeping, it boots up normally and functions normally for the whole day, until I shut it down and next day it's the same crap.
The time it takes to get the beep has been increasing too, while it took me 1 min previously, it can take up to 10 minutes now of reboots for it to work. I've been having to press the power button, walk away for 5-10 mins to let it "run warm" with fans going and what not and then come back and reset it and press the reset button to get a "boot with a beep".
A friend of mine says he had a similar problem and it turned out to be the Powersupply, however I'm not sure.
I tried booting the PC with different RAM sticks, but it was still the same problem.
Any ideas how to narrow it down, with limited/no access to alternative hardware? I "really" prefer not having to send the PC off somewhere.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=236278
Video content service
Thank you

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_ad_impressions() in /home/content/21/11136721/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2827