3372 Posts in 907 Topics - by 1190 Members - Latest Member: joemars

Author Topic: Just some criticism from a player that loves the server  (Read 1181 times)

shpongle

• Donator
    • View Profile
Just some criticism from a player that loves the server
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
Let me start off by saying that I've been playing for the last 2 monts and I've loved every second of it.
 I am aware that the server just recently got re-released and it may have some problems due to that, regards to small bugs and glitches, but; it needs a major overhaul in terms of balancing items, bosses and donator benefits.
 I like the custom roads feature, but it only works (as the server is set up to be a grind) if each zone is an upgrade, Where you can only move on to the next zone as long as you have the gear from the previous one.
 The players that you are trying to capture, with this setup, don't mind grinding as long as it is balanced well enough so you can do just that.
The ones of us that have tried to do so, have soon realised that just isn't the case.
 Further more we have a lot of confusion regarding to new players that can't figure out where to go next and find them selves quitting for that exact reason.
 Either you have to balance it, as I've stated earlier, or make the server even more random and spread out, where each boss gives a certain set of items. (Good for whatever purpose you are there for)
 The way it is set up now, just won't work.
The ones of us who have stayed long enough to give it a chance soon realised that once you've made your non-coherent way to get to the "Darth" boss, theres pretty much no where to go to get an upgrade and have become bored very easily.
 All that is left for us to do is the skill masterys (don't get me wrong, I love a good challange) But, it just will not cut it if you are trying to reach a broader audience.
 We also have no pk community due to the horrible balancing we are faced with, it is either 1 hit ko. or no hits at all, wich makes it impossible for us to have a fair match.
 A lot of the shops, (like custom roads shop) could use an update as well, where it is either useless items or just poor cosmetics that you don't get the feeling that it's worth the effort or simply no end game benefits for us that took the time to do so.
 My last point is in regards to the donator benefits wich as it stands are ridiculous. Donator zone has none of the benefits you would hope to get and feels rushed for the purpose of just making a donator zone.
 I'd like to close of with that I really see a lot of potential in this server and if done right, it would get a massive player base and even out grow some of the other custom servers out there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Regards
 Shpongle
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:32:59 PM by shpongle »

slim

• Beast
  • Owner
    • View Profile
    • GoF-rs
Re: Just some criticism from a player that loved the server
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
what donor benefits do you want to see?

going to be making a gear checking class for the customs road soon.

shpongle

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Just some criticism from a player that loved the server
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »
This is just one mans opinion !

- (For clarification when I refer to the "shops" I'm talking about the physical shops in-game and when referring to the "store" I'm talking about the one found on the website.)

I would like to see the donator thieving stalls either removed or fixed and have a small boost to xp and/or make an entirely different stall which is lvl 90+,
that gives greater xp than any of the regular stall.
 Another donator feature would be to add Sodium Hydroxide and Red Phosphorus ores with a lower respawn time
than the ones you find at the falador mining spot.
 I would also like to see all the mastery armours removed from the donator shop, It's suposed to be a challange to get them, and not just be avaible for anyone who can buy them for 100 donator points a piece.
You could replace the mastery armours for items that are donator only, like the ones currently available in the donator store.
 Which brings me to another point, remove all the items from the donator store that you can get as a drop, from minigames or clue scrolls.
Let me elaborate upon this proclamation;
 I don't have a problem with having Knightmare in the store as long as it is balanced accordingly to it's counterparts in-game, (Tzhaar) so as donators won't be disappointed with their purchase. (I recognize the balancing you have done already to the items that have been brought to your attention)
Furthermore it would be nice to see the high teir items, like Darth and Rainbow added to the store. (Let's bee honest, donating is cheating and is ment to be that way ^^)
 My last suggestion would be to add a donator boss only, whether you would like it to drop high tier gear, supplies, customs or a donator only set, is entirely up to you, I'm ambiguous to that sentement.
Finally add some of the cosmetics that us old-school players would donate for, like white armour, fox and similar dumb cosmetics that we love. <3

Thanks again for taking the time to read this!

Regards
 Shpongle

nnamdi26

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Just some criticism from a player that loves the server
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »
Loving these suggestions! Especially the donator bosses.. a couple should be added... would make it more interesting for donators!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_ad_impressions() in /home/content/21/11136721/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2827