15246 Posts in 2055 Topics - by 1435 Members - Latest Member: educationedge

Author Topic: Hey so I was an admin back on slims previous server some 5+ years ago  (Read 9586 times)

Orange

• View Profile
    Hey boys, My name is Nathan Sholl or FreakyOrange, or Orange. I got back onto this forum after never actually getting into this server since I did not have the motivation to regain my staff position (I know I'm a fucker). But I recognized names immediately. I do not know zach but I still recognize his name. Me and v1nch3nz0 got to know each other pretty well back in the day. It's funny to see him bring up the idea of starting a new server because he tried to do the same back when slim became inactive within slim-rs. I believe the servers name was project-75 and was a decently well run server. But as Zach brings up the main problem being that it did not have a dedicated coder that was 1. as creative as slim, and 2. as skilled as slim. While I do agree that another server will not fill the void that a lack slim server has created I would really hate to see all the people that I have known for such a long time drift away into a place where I most likely never talk to them again. Hell if I remember correctly I'm pretty sure I remember the moment when cannonmaster first logged on to slim-rs. I remember when a corrupt admin spawned jad into the servers home (which was at the duel arena at the time) and killed everyone then spawned me dragon bones on my first day online. There's a certain feeling you get when you're part of a server that slim has made. It's really hard to describe but, there are only a few games that I sunk my life into for years at a time and I'm pretty sure that I spent atleast 2 years on slim-rs. (By the way I'm kind of just typing at this point as it is quite late and I just got home from work but stay with me I'll make my point eventually). Also if any of you know about slim-rs then you will certainly remember the time that I, the head admin, muted myself without acknowledging at the time that there is no unmute command. This ironically happened to be at the very same time period that this server is going through and slim never got on. So basically I spent the last 3 months of the server time muted... as the head admin... OK so back to what I was saying. isn't there a way that we could all still converse without slim? I don't know if aaron will see this message ever but if he does I'd be down as fuck to play with him again. Same goes for cannonmaster or anyone really. I can almost guarantee some of us play at least one of the same games if not more. Also if history repeats itself slim's gonna be back in about another 2 years with a brand new server.

After typing that whole spiel I realized how cool slim-rs was. I could seriously go on about it for days. I remember the coolest part was finding all of the secrets slim made. Like the black plateskirt gave an immense str bonus (like +800). And the glowing dagger and vls had crazy attack speeds. Oh and one time he told us that there was an npc in the desert that would insta 99 all of your abilities (he was probably lying) and we spent the next 2 to 3 days just searching the desert as an entire server together. Man I wish I played GoF because I bet slim did even cooler shit. If anyone actually took the time to read anything I'm saying and they played GoF and have any cool memories they'd like to share please do.

Anyways, I basically just don't want this community to die. 

** Also Here's slim's old youtube channel back when he used to host slim-rs
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:33:13 AM by Orange »

slim

• Beast
  • Owner
    • View Profile
    • GoF-rs
I made alot of cool stuff on gof too.  Give me your account name.
 I'll make you my head admin, I got lots of time now, and we'll revive this server. 

Darth

• Ingame Moderator
    • View Profile
we'll revive this server.
If this is genuinely happening, I gladly come back and help.

slim

• Beast
  • Owner
    • View Profile
    • GoF-rs
we'll revive this server.
If this is genuinely happening, I gladly come back and help.

Good we'll get a team together.  Orange, you, and me.  We'll have to make plans on how to improve: 1. advertising 2. playerbase 3. updates and improvements 4. new vision for the server

Jordan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
IS IT REALLY HAPPENING?? OMG. I miss slimrs/gof-rs T_T PLEASE happen! And hey, even I don't remember when I first logged in :D but when you got muted, and every time Slim logged in he ignored us trying to tell him to unmute you... Staying up until 5AM talking to you guys...   ;D I do remember when I finally got mod :O Logged out for 5 mins. Logged back in and boom. Seriously. That was like the best moment of my life haha. The memoriiiiiieeeeees...

P.S ALSO. Zach = 94Kg!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:55:57 PM by cannonmaster »
In-game administrator: J

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
Freaky we spent so much time on slimrs its like we practically grew up here lol. I remember first starting slimrs(the golden days) when there was litterally 1000s of ingame customs, such as jads ancient godsword,  golden bandos, dildos, etc.. I remember i logged in one day and there was 100 players online making home packed full of new players. Those were great times! Then not too long after that the server was remade and i finally got to help choose where certain things would go, such as home(desert pass). If you dont remember, i was the one who found the black plateskirts, which would later be made into bandos tassets. I remember i bought like 1000 black plateskirts and after they were coded into bandos tassets i became the richest in the game. By the way, if you didnt know already, im 94 kg. Back on slims old server i was only a mod. I had two accounts 94 kg and A. A was my mod account(i made it into a pure). I played slimrs religiously since i first logged on... Iv played through 3 of these server and not once have i maxed out on highscores... I remember i spent hours trying to get 99rc on slims 2nd server(with the help of freaky spawning me altars). When i finally got it that skill cape was like driving a benz... Felt like a boss lol... This was all over 5 years ago! I was just a young boy back then, but now im a man... Iv put so much time into this server and im ready to put some more in. Ill always be here. If you guys are ready to put some life back into this server im down.

Was that long enough for you freaky? Lol

Jordan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Remember slim's old outfit? I dunno if he had it on here. The blue dagon hai with dragon claws :D

slim

• Beast
  • Owner
    • View Profile
    • GoF-rs
What do you guys want to see in terms of updates and upgrades?

And what do you want the server to become?

I was possibly thinking about a spawn pk custom funserver

Jordan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well I guess I was hoping for a server exactly like slim-rs, but that's just for nostalgic purposes I suppose, and that's not really gonna bring new players in. But yeah, I tend to like servers where you can skill and boss, as pking really isn't my thing. I guess I speak for myself though as most people do like it, and spawn pk servers are pretty big now. On this server, if it's staying, I think there should be an eco reset too. Also, I think spawn should be moved to edgeville as although it's used ALOT, I just think it's a good place to have spawn as you can PK right next to it. Another idea is possibly have a G.E. I've seen some servers with them but it may be too hard to code, I dunno. That's about all I have right now :P

Darth

• Ingame Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is too much work but I would like to see two worlds where you can spawn Pk on one and skill and boss on the other
Also a G.E would be nice too.

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
Re: Hey so I was an admin back on slims previous server some 5+ years ago
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
From what i know the owners of those spawn pk servers drop tons of cash into it on advertising and making the server run smooth. I dont think we got that kind of cash to be throwing away... The best kind of server in my opinion is a pking based server with basic bossing/skilling. So getting all 99s will still be a challenge but most people just pk. Too many customs will scare people away too. I think just a few epic customs(like5-10) will be enough. Those few customs will be super rare and can be donated for. If its going to be pking based the game will have to be extremely balanced. If every single thing isnt balanced just right, pking will be thrown off and people wont like it. Slim i think a pking based server is the right idea, just not a spawn pk server. Youll have to do some shopping around to find a stable and balanced source though... Good luck.

Also id honestly like to see some of the newer rs not 317.. Maybe like 600? Right before eoc

Orange

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »
Holy! My ign currently is just Orange. This is incredible

Jordan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »
Awesome seeing you again man :) hope this server returns!!

Orange

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
Dammit you guys get on I wanna talk to you  ;D

+Zach

• The Original
  • Co owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
Im waiting for the new server till i start investing time back into this. Im pretty busy these days...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_ad_impressions() in /home/content/21/11136721/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2827